Hitch allows users to control settings and field labels that customize the experience for Creating an Order. Only View Config Admins can view/change these settings and create custom field labels, which apply to the entire company.
To view or change configuration settings, click the Company tab under your name at the top right. When you change a setting, be sure to scroll down and click Save to apply the setting. Changes to settings only impact orders created after the setting has been changed.
Table of Contents
- General Configuration
- Single Order Creation
- Order Ownership
- Reporting Configuration
- Claims Configuration
- Order Labels
- Custom Navigation Labels
- Charge Settings
- Payment Settings
- Order/Payer Form Fields Configuration
- Manage Custom Fields
- Manage View’s Config on Deployment
- Primary Contact
- Allow Vinless Orders – Allows vehicles to be added to an order without a VIN.
- Customer List – Allows you to associate an order with a customer/payer that has been added as a customer within your Hitch company (typically dealers). If this setting is turned off, you will have to select one of your Shipper accounts as the customer (typically one of your company’s Auctions/locations).
- Use Pricing Context – Enables orders to be priced based on the company’s pricing tables.
- Bulk Vinless Order – Allows users to create orders with multiple VINless vehicles.
- Allow Change Customer Price – Allows users to change Customer Price on completed orders (under Transportations tab on the top left > Completed > Order Details).
- Disable Customer Price Feature – Removes the Customer Price section from creating an order.
- Enable Broker Feature – Allows a transporter to reassign orders to another transporter that subcontracts with them. The Transporter must also have the broker feature enabled. You can learn more about adding subcontractors here.
- Suggested Pricing – Show’s RunBuggy suggested pricing when an order is being created (based on route, load size, etc. like Marketplace orders).
- Show Bidding – Allows transporters to bid on orders (as opposed to being assigned orders for a set price by the shipper).
- Enable Company Filter – Adds a Company filter to the top right. This allows you to view orders for a specific Auction/location (or multiple) within your account instead of viewing all orders for all Auctions/locations.
- Shipper Feature – Allows users to see both the transporter view and shipper view on orders.
- Allow Change Payout - Allows users to change the driver payout on completed orders. This can be done on the Transportations > Completed tab by selecting an order and clicking the Adjust Payout button.
- Disable Payout Feature – Removes the driver payout option from orders (typically used when drivers are employees of the shipper).
Single Order Creation
- Show Single Order Creation – When one order is entered with multiple vehicles, the user will have the option to create multiple single-vehicle orders.
- Force Single Order Creation – When one order is entered with multiple vehicles, the program will automatically create multiple single-vehicle orders.
- Show Set Owner – Shows the Owner selection option when creating an order.
- Owner is mandatory = Requires an Owner to be selected.
- Show Set Payer - Shows the Payer (customer) selection option when creating an order.
- Payer is mandatory – Requires a Payer (customer) to be selected.
- Owner and Payer must be related – The Owner (Auction/Location) must be a parent account to the Payer (customer), and their pricing tables must match for the price to be calculated correctly. If this setting is disabled, The Owner/Location can select any Payer (customer) associated with any account in the Hitch company. Learn more about adding customers here.
- Show Invoices Report – Shows the Invoices tab in the left column under Reports. If unchecked, the Invoices Report tab will be removed.
- Enable Claims Feature – Allows a user to report and manage damage claims.
- Fare Label – Overrides the label for Fare during order creation.
- Post Public Log Label – Overrides the label for Post Public Log on order details.
Custom Navigation Labels
- Transportations Navigation Label – Overrides the label for the Transportations tab at the top left.
- Invoice Only – Charge process is invoice only (no payment processing).
- Onboard Company Flow Definition ID - Routable charge flow references this ID in the integration framework. If the charge flow is changed, a new ID will be created and this needs to be updated.
- Show Order Detail First – Show Order Detail View first when a task is opened.
- Default Order Detail Edit Mode – Show Order Detail View in edit mode when a task is opened.
- Payment Processing Fee – Adds an automatic pre-set payment processing fee to every payment.
- Payment Flow ID – Payment flow references this ID in the integration framework. If the payment flow is changed, a new ID will be created and this needs to be updated.
Order/Payer Form Fields Configuration
- Owner Field Label – Overrides the Owner field label when creating an order.
- Payer Field Label - Overrides the Payer field label when creating an order.
Manage Custom Fields
These fields are only seen by system admins, not transporters or drivers. They are managed under Account Management > Companies Management > Customer Accounts, then select a customer. The fields appear in the Additional Information section on the right.
- Add Custom Field
- Label – Name the Field you want to create.
- Key – Will be generated automatically based on the Field name.
- Type – Defines the type of Field created.
- Text – Creates a blank text field.
- Number – Creates a blank field that only accepts numbers.
- Dropdown – Allows you to add options for a dropdown.
- Dropdown with Keys – Allows you to add options with a Name and Description.
- Checkbox – Creates a checkbox.
- Switch – Creates a switch/toggle with the option to add an icon (icon options here, just add the name to the icon field).
- Presentation – Where the field will be visible. Select Show in Grid or Payer Meta Data.
- Show in Grid - Creates a column in the Companies Management > Customers table.
- Payer Meta Data – Field only appears in the Additional Information section of Customer accounts.
Manage View’s Config on Deployment
- Controls which additional reports are shown under the Tasks section in the left column.
- Some Task reports are shown by default and cannot be removed.
- The owner of the Hitch company that RunBuggy will contact as needed.